Course Calendar, Spring 2012
The following schedule lays out the basic structure of the class and the units and topics we'll cover over the semester. A more detailed Course Calendar is available as well, but it is subject to change based on the progress of the course. See also the archive of ds106 assignments
Week One: Introduction and A Domain of One's Own
- Course Introduction
- A Domain of One's Own
- Assignment 1: You will be asked asked to get your Web Host and domain up and running as soon as possible. Following this link for a series of tutorials and more details.
- Narrating the Process
- Throughout the entire semester you will be expected to narrate your process, so please take the occasion of getting up and running with your domain and webhosting account as the first foray into narrating your process. In addition, I will be setting up a tech forum shortly for any question you may have while setting up your domain and webhosting accounts.
Week Two: Experimenting with your blog and a personal cyberinfrastructure
- Experimenting with setting up a theme, plugins, and various other possibilities with your newly cretaed site.
- Read and blog your response to Gardner Campbell's Personal Cyberinfrastructure essay and presentation. Read more here.
- Discussion of Cyberinfrastructure and No Digital Facelifts with Gardner Campbell
- Keeping up with Blogs with Google Reader
Week Three: Web 2.0 and Storytelling
Week Four: Photography and the Visual
Week Five: Design
- Link to Week 5 Design Assignments.
- Design Elements presentation
- Design Notes, Examples, and Resources
- video archive of conversation with Tim Owens (Feb 13, 2012)
- Tim Owens "We Are All Artists" (Feb 2011 talk)
Weeks Six and Seven Telling Stories with Audio and Sound
- Assignment for weeks 6 & 7
- Audio Assignments for ds106
- More Week 6 Audio Resources
- This Week in ds106: Intro to Audio (Week 6) (video from section 1)
- [Using SoundCLoud for Daily Creates http://106tricks.net/2012/02/02/using-soundcloud-for-daily-creates/]