Anyone is welcome and invited to use ds106 resources such as the ds106 Assignment Bank, ds106 Radio, The Daily Create, inSPIRE, or the Assignment Remix Machine (learn more about ds106). Just use them. No need to ask.
You can find/use/modify syllabi, projects, past activity from past ds106 courses taught at UMW in our history.
Nut maybe you have a media, internet, or other creative class where you want to have a similar distributed network architecture like ds106/ While ds106 is usually taught at the University of Mary Washington, classes elsewhere (ones that have different formats) become part of our ds106 community.
In such a class, students would be individually blogging, and we can add their blogs to the syndication bus of this site- not only will their content become part of the regular flow of the main site, we can generate a view and custom page that aggregates just the content from your students. These course pages provide a list of all blogs associated with your class, and a total number of posts aggregated.
Previous other classes that have become part of the network include:
- EDIT 572: Digital Audio/Video Design at George Mason University (Alan Levine, Spring 2014)
- English Studies in Digital Age St Johns University (Jennifer Travis, Spring 2014)
- York College CT101 (Chloe Smolarski, Fall 2013)
- Kansas State University (Bill Genereux, Spring 2013)
- University of Michigan Residential College (Brian Short, Spring 2013)
- York College / CUNY CT101 (Michael Branson-Smith, Spring 2013)
- Kennesaw State University (Ryan Rish, Spring 2013)
- Kennesaw State University Darren Crovitz and Ryan Rish (Fall 2012)
- York College / CUNY CT101 (Michael Branson-Smith and Chloe Smolarski, Fall 2012)
- Temple University, Japan (Scott Lockman, Spring 2012)
- SUNY Cortland (Cynthia Sarver, Spring 2012)
- York College (Michael Branson Smith, Spring 2012)
- Kansas State University (Bill Genereux, Spring 2012)
- Jacksonville State University (Tanya T. Sasser, Spring 2012)
If this is of interest to you, please complete out the information below and we will be in touch very shortly. Is your class ready to be #ds106 #4life? And you know what it costs? $0.00