So this week’s show was interesting on many levels, at least for me. The first level was just doing my show (which is always interesting). The second level was incorporating an assignment from this class to make the playlist for this week’s show. And the third level of interestingness was the fact that while I was broadcasting over WMWC waves I was also broadcasting over Radio DS106* waves. And there was no fourth level of interestingness.** And now for the run down.
- Glad Girls – Guided By Voices***
- Sail – Awolnation
- We Are Golden – Mika
- Heads Will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeahs****
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- Cecilia – Simon and Garfunkel
- The Underdog – Spoon
- All My Friends (London Session) – LCD Soundsystem
- 40 Day Dream – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- She’s Not There – The Zombies
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- The Authority Song – Jimmy Eat World
- Cake tops the charts and helps the record industry reach an all time low. Go Cake!
- The Strokes have a new album and a new single. Go Strokes!
- Goodbye Guitar Hero. You will be missed in dorm rooms throughout the country.
As mentioned there were no releases this week, but I expect there will be next week. And until then have a good weekend and don’t let the overwhelming stress of school get to you. Two more weeks and it will be spring break! And then you can catch up on the sleep you’ve been missing.
*Others may call it DS106 radio, but I will ever follow the tradition of the BBC and call it Radio DS106. Besides, it makes the whole thing sound more stately and less insane (which it actually is.)
**Interestingness is a word and failed Inception reference is awesome on some level.
***No videos this week since I’m trying to get this out before I go to bed. And save for maybe a handful, most of these songs wouldn’t have videos anyway so no real loss.
****What are Yeah Yeah Yeahs? :end veiled reference to Glee: