On Thursday I spoke with the ds106 face to face course happening simultaneously at the University of Mary Washington. As this is my first time participating in a MOOC it was a great honor and privilege to get to interact a bit with those students and perhaps offer something inspirational and challenging. Below is the cheatsheet, and once audio is posted I will have that here as well.
- Creativity is not inherited
- In sports we accept the idea that with practice, we can get better. Why can’t we translate that to art?
- A creative environment can foster creativity
- ds106 is giving you that environment
- Do not accept the lie that you were just not born creative
- We are more creative when we are uncomfortable
- Take something ordinary and make it extraordinary
- Take something complex and make it simple
- Take something new and make it old
- Find inspiration in the world around you