I hear excuses all the time from my own students. My laptop broke, I lost my pen drive, my little brother flushed my homework down the toilet. These past few weeks I have been neglecting DS106 and I also let down @nossa_familia, with whom I was meant to be collaborating on the audio assignment. I feel bad about it, but I probably shouldn’t. I HAVE been busy. Here are my excuses:
- I helped organise, and presented at Teachmeet Fife
- I took part in a 24 hour codebash and made an educational game in a day
- I attended the Game To Learn conference about educational games
- I presented two workshops at Game to Learn (one at very short notice)
- I’ve been assisting in an online Games course run by Chalfonts Community College
So, I have been productive, just not for DS106. I’m sorry, I just needed to prioritise things and sometimes I need to say ‘NO’ when things get busy.