Best. Face-smoosh. Ever. I swear, these moments could not be staged. This lovely gesture was on Valentine’s Day, no less, from my 8-week old heartthrob. Just goes to show that no matter how small, everyone can show love every day. Sure, I’m still a romantic at heart (I think… don’t remember) but its certainly not the only love relationship that deserves celebrating. Spoken like a single, I know. It used to drive me crazy when my mother would buy me chocolates on Valentine’s day. Now I get it. The expensive commercial holiday? Over it. I’ll take a genuine face-smoosh over $100 flowers any day.
TUTORIAL FOR HOW I MADE THIS ANIMATED GIF:
- New > 600 x 800 (white background)
- Fill with pattern (wood grain). Change pattern color to gray with grayscale filter.
- Open as layer > select photo > place on canvas (resizing as necessary)
- Add text. Save & export to Picnik.(Keep open for later.)
- Add heart stamps all over, changing color, size, and fade as desired. Save.
- Open new file as layer in GIMP. Merge all layers for front & back.
- Save as GIF, selecting time between frames (layers). Done!
Sound easy? It really wasn’t. But I spent more time learning how to use the tools than actually using them (i.e. the learning process). Besides the frustration and exhaustion, I secretly do enjoy learning how to do this. A lot. Hope you enjoy my animated alternative Valentine’s day card. <3