All right. This is it. Final post. I’ve selected my top 6 favorite things I’ve done in this class.
- Valentine’s Day Dubstep Card — Because I had this idea for like a year or two and finally got the chance to make it here. And you know what? It’s exactly as I imagined it. Which is to say… super dumb.
- Cooking With Thomas: How To Make Your Own Oreos — Because it took everybody by surprise, even me. Considering I don’t really know how to cook, I had no idea what I’d do for a cooking show; I just knew that the Bullet office was free. I didn’t plan it out; I just went. The results speak for themselves. My favorite part of it was when I got the chance to watch people’s reactions during the microwave part. They were so afraid I’d turn it on and blow the place up. So good.
- DS106 Theatre — Because I love making minimalist posters, and really like how they turned out. A minimalist poster really makes you think critically about the movie in question to identify what the most iconic things about it are and why, then translate that one feature into a poster. The Matrix poster I made is definitely my favorite for that reason. Minimalist posters are great.
- Trapped in the Closet with Dr. Love (+ Bloopers!) — Because it was just so fun to make. No, it didn’t get the best reception, but that doesn’t affect how much I like it at all, and all the laughs we had making it. Listening to the bloopers alone just shows how much fun we had. Plus, the Dr. Love character is something I’ve wanted to use for a long time, and that chicken movie commercial is something I came up with years ago and finally got to do. The whole experience was great. Not going to let some people’s (in my opinion) overly sensitive gut reactions (the misguided use of the word “misogynistic” comes to mind) to it ruin it. Paul’s part alone was worth it.
- Parallelism in Shaun of the Dead — Because I just love Shaun of the Dead so. Effing. Much. This was a great project because I got to analyze my all-time favorite movie and show people just one of the ways it’s so amazing. This was the first video I’ve ever really had to edit, so I’m really happy with how it turned out. I just love watching Shaun trip at the same time. Man, I love Shaun of the Dead.
- What’s Inside: Chelsea Mageland REMIX — Because it’s just so damn goofy, and because it’s a remix that directly calls out one other member of DS106. I’d say it sounds like I’m mocking her, but I sound like such an idiot in it that it’d be hard to seriously argue that. Regardless, I apologized to her, even though she says she thought it was hilarious.