I bought my lil MG Midget in the summer of 2009 from a co-workers husband. It didn’t need all that much, new tires, rebuild the carburetor, etc. I got it home and started cleaning it up.
The last thing to check was the rod bearings on the number 2 rod. I got finished, tightened the bolts, and turned the key. IT RAN!!!
It took me about 3 weeks to get to this point, I was so excited. About a week later, the engine started making a funky noise, and all of sudden, CRASH, CLANK, BANG. The number 1 rod shot out the side of the engine block, leaving me with a worthless 400lb piece of cast iron sitting under the bonnet of my lil car.
And that……is how it all began. I’m now in the middle of a full blown restoration, including a new motor, new transmission, the works!
I can’t wait to get my LBC back together and on the road.