1. Take a photo with strong contrasts—technical (lighting, coloring), physical (size, distance), conceptual (new and old, present and past).
2. Take a portrait. Meet my father.
3. Take a self-portrait (I cheated with this one and had my roommate use her nice camera last week).
4. An extreme close-up of an easily recognizable object.
5. A photo of something’s shadow. Cookie tray had a couple shadows – I thought I’d take advantage of it.
6. Photograph something commonly considered ugly and make it beautiful. A gnarly tree branch by my house, showcased by a nice sunset.
Add a comment