We’ve wrapped up our unit on visual storytelling and photography, and in this unit we’re diving into design. It’s not always clear where the line is between design and visual, but ds106 design storytelling assignments involves more creating and modifying in graphics software programs, and focuses on key characteristics of color, form, shape, typography, etc.
cc licensed ( BY SA ) flickr photo shared by See-ming Lee ??? SML
You’ll spend some time this unit thinking about the way the world around you is designed, as well as creating some of your own design ideas.
Ira Glass on the Secret of Success in Creative Work, Animated in Kinetic Typography (noted recently in Brainpickings)
The ds106 Open Course
It’s always on and never ends (learn more…)
- About This Non-Course Course
- Unit 1: Bootcamp
- Unit 2: Getting Through Bootcamp / Personal Cyber Infrastructure
- Unit 3: What Mean Ye Digital Storytelling?
- Unit 4: Listening to Audio
- Unit 5: Telling Stories in Photos
- Unit 6: It’s All By Design
- Unit 7: Advanced Audio And Radio Show Production
- Unit 8: Telling Stories Within the Web
- Unit 9: Reading Movies
- Unit 10: Making Movies
- Unit 11: ximeR and [email protected]$#up
- Unit 12: Final Project and Wrap Up
If you have questions, corrections, suggestions, lavish praise, etc for this unit, please let us know via the comments form below.
Add a comment